Mode: This course will be presented online and is applicable teachers in ALL PHASES of education teaching EITHER Languages or Mathematics.
Duration: 2 hours
Medium of instruction: The language used on the slides is English, however, there are two audio buttons on the slides which explain the concepts. These audio buttons are in English and isiXhosa
What is inclusive education and what does it mean for teachers? There are many different views and definitions of what is understood by the concept “inclusive education”. Inclusive education refers to an educational system that reflects society. It is essential that learners with differing abilities should be included in our classrooms.
Teachers are tasked to deliver the curriculum at a specific pace and level, but not all learners are able to progress at the required rate. This scenario poses a challenge, and teachers often lack the skills to assist those learners who present with barriers to learning.
Term 3 courses/lessons will help you identify, understand, plan and support, the various barriers that learners are experiencing.
- A Gmail account…[email protected] is necessary to join this course.
- Computer skills as a basic level.
- This micro course is designed in such a way that each topic will be presented in a separate Google Classroom and stand independent of one another.
- The lessons utilise Google slides, videos, audio buttons, Padlets and Google Forms. The duration of the lesson/topic is approximately 2 hours.
- The classroom will be open for 1 week for you to complete the lesson.
- At the end of the lesson there is a self-assessment form which provides evidence of learning.
- A certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the lesson.
To register for this course, click on the link below (do not click on the green button). The Google Form has a dropdown box for all of Term 3 topics, please select which course you would like to complete.
Our courses are SACE accredited and you will earn 10 CPD points upon successful complete the Google form self-assessment.