Specific areas of the Home Language Papers 1, 2 and 3, as well as selected school-based assessment tasks (SBAs)
THE MODE OF DELIVERY FOR THIS COURSE WILL BE ENGLISH
- Learners with barriers to learning
- Learners ‘'at risk" of failing to meet the NSC HL requirements
- Progressed learners in the FET phase (Years in Phase [YIP])
About this workshop:
What this workshop is NOT:
It is NOT a comprehensive “fix-all” solution for learners in the FET phase who are failing to meet the minimum pass requirements for HL.
What this workshop IS:
The aim of this workshop is to assist teachers in presenting various aspects of the HL question papers in such a way that the learners are able to achieve a level of success and potentially reach the minimum pass requirements for the NSC HL.
This workshop looks at the areas in the HL question papers that the learners may find “easier” to grasp and then gives teachers the tools to engage with and present the content in such a manner that learners are able to understand it and successfully transfer the knowledge gained to their examinations.
Some SBA tasks are also supported.
Contents covered in this course:
HL Paper 1
- Comprehension - Section A: Q1
- Summarising - Section B: Q2
- Analysing advertising - Section C: Q3
- Understanding other aspects of media -Section C: Q4
HL Paper 2
- Poetry - Section A: Contextual question
- Literary essay - Sections B & C: Essay question
HL Paper 3
- Essays - Section A: All genres
- Transactional Texts - Section B: Targeted transactional texts
SBA Tasks (School-based assessment)
- Listening comprehension
- Prepared speech
- Literary essay