Course objective: The course aims to empower grade 11 teachers.
- with the knowledge and tools needed to facilitate engaging and effective Mathematical Literacy instruction in patterns and relationships, measurement, and the addition of surface area and volume in the FET phase.
- to equip teachers with the necessary knowledge and pedagogical skills to effectively teach these concepts.
The course content aligns itself to the ATP's for Mathematical Literacy for Term 1 and includes the following concepts:
- Understanding Patterns and Relationships
- Measurement - Perimeter, Area, and Cost
- Surface Area and Volume
- Integration of Concepts
- Explore effective teaching strategies for conveying these mathematical concepts to grade 11 students.
- Foster an environment that encourages inquiry, exploration, and critical thinking.
- Develop practical classroom activities and assessments aligned with the curriculum.
Technology Integration: Incorporate technology tools and resources to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Develop assessment methods that accurately measure students' understanding of patterns and measurement concepts.
- Create varied assessment tools, including formative and summative assessments.
- Provide constructive feedback to students based on their performance.
Mode of delivery: Online
Session 1: 24 January 2024 – 16h30 – 18h30
Session 2: 21 February 2024 – 16h30 – 18h30
Course Certification: Only participants who have submitted the final course assessment will be issued a certificate of completion.