The WCED has bursaries available to teachers for the academic year to study towards obtaining the following full qualifications:
- ACT Bursary - Advanced Certificate in Teaching: NQF6; 120 Credits
- ADE Bursary - Advanced Diploma in Education: NQF7; 120 Credits
Applications will be considered subject to each applicant meeting all the following requirements:
- must be permanently employed by the WCED.
- must meet the admission requirements of the applicable university
- must not be in receipt of another state bursary or any other bursary.
- may not be registered at any other university upon making the application or on registration.
- a commitment from the principal of the school that the applicant will remain in the applicable phase and/or subject for the two years of study and the subsequent three years upon obtaining the qualification.