The target group for this course is permanently employed, Departmental Heads and Deputy Principals aspiring towards principalship. The course based on authenticity in leadership and a values imperative, which includes a focus on the spectrum of professional and personal experiences, skills and competencies to be cognisant of on the road to principalship. It touches on the principal as custodian of the academic curriculum, Institutional data-management, Whole school leadership and management including planning, co-ordination and quality assurance.
Principals of smaller farm schools may also apply.
1. The spectrum of professional and personal experiences, skills and competencies to be cognisant of on the road to principalship
- Mastering a conceptual understanding as to the Professional and Personal Experiences, Skills and Competencies to be mastered as needed for the role of a professional School Principal
2. Understanding the Professional and Personal Investments to be made to prepare sufficiently for the post of Principal
3. Job description and related performance standards:professional integration in school practice
4. Whole school leadership and management: planning, co-ordination and quality assurance
5. Institutional data-management
6. The principal: the custodian of the academic curriculum
7. Institutional teams
8. Physical resources management
9. Authenticity in leadership & a values imperative